Free Youth Group Game: Sink It Or Drink It
One winter I found myself mesmerized as a trio of students did trick shots with a trash can and a dodgeball. However silly it seemed, they started to draw a crowd. People were cheering with every successful basket and moaning with every miss. People loved it. If you look at the popular personalities on YouTube, you will see a trend emerge. It turns out teenagers are obsessed with trick shots. That’s where the idea for this game was born.
How to Play this free youth group game:
The concept is really simple. You invite two students up on stage with a ball and a basket. Then you encourage them to attempt difficult shots. If they miss, the other student gets to attempt a shot. If they make it, the other student has to copy their trick shot. We reward 5 points for every successful basket. It’s as simple as that.
However, we added a twist to make the game more entertaining. If you miss your match attempt, then you drink a mystery beverage in an unmarked cup. If you can guess the mystery liquid, then you 4 points as a consolation.
- Bring up two volunteers
- Have them play rock paper scissors to see who shoots first
- Let them start their shots! They will miss the first few while they get used to the equipment and environment
- If they make it, they receive 5 points and the other player tries to match
- When they sink it, give them five points
- If they miss it, then they have to drink it
- Have the student take a sip from the mystery cup
- Allow them to guess what it is
- Reveal the mystery liquid from the powerpoint slides provided
- If they get it right, they receive four points
- Play until one player has 20 points.
When you download this free bundle you will receive:
- Game rules and instructions
- Graphics to promote the game on social media
- Game slides for your screens (with editable templates)
Check out more free youth ministry games and events by clicking here! Our team loves helping youth leaders connect with their students through free youth ministry games, but we are even more passionate about helping you disciple your students with sermons and small group Bible study curriculum. Click here to explore our free youth series with sermon scripts and small group discussion guides.